There are some new folks around here and I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m Dawn, maker + creator of elevate.
After majoring in art in college, not seeing a clear path forward, I put creativity aside to follow another passion - yoga. I’ve taught yoga for almost 12 years now, and while I find that enormously purposeful, something was missing.
After casually making malas and jewelry for myself for years, I took a workshop with Bex Urban + Sasha Korellis. I was introduced to the weird + wonderful world of crystals + sandalwood. And everything changed.I became obsessed with making bracelets and thrilled to rediscover my creativity. The business developed quite surprisingly and organically after doing a couple maker fairs at yoga studios.
Since then I have been continually amazed by how much this little endeavor both feeds my soul and challenges me. It’s weird but it feels like this has been my path all along. I was never not coming here.
Some other random facts about me :
• Obsessed with personality typing. Enneagram one. INFJ (heavy on the I). Questioner. Aquarius. Sheep.
• Vegetarian. Aspiring vegan, but I love cheese. So much. I mean, nachos, come on.
• Hot, sweaty, transformative, life altering yoga is my jam.
• Sober + recovering out loud.
• Moved from the Bay Area to Sacramento last year and could not be more thrilled. Trees!
• Podcast obsessed.
Would love to hear from you. What are you into these days?