Made of 3 large wood beads in the most lovely weathered mahogany color, found in my travels through India. Paired with fair trade brass beads and strung on vegan suede.
The number 3 occurs in so many cultures + religions, and I felt it profoundly in India. And because we're talking in threes, here are the top 3 trifectas that came up for me, in no particular order:
1. unity of mind, body, soul
2. cycles of creation, preservation, destruction
3. constructs of past, present, future
This piece is part of my Sacred Everyday Collection, inspired by my travels through India. From the grandeur of the temples to humble streetside shrines, elaborate rituals to a simple bow to the divine, the sacred is woven into everyday life in India. It is a frequent remembering + honoring. This collection, using materials sourced during my trip, is my homage to this way of being.
Unique yet effortless, this style pairs beautifully with everyday wear.
Beautiful on its own or layered with other necklaces. The last few photos show layered looks.
* All of the materials I work with are carefully selected and beautifully unique.
* Handmade with love by me in my home studio in Sacramento, California.